Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Children’s Book: Couple of Cows

Last October I wrote a children’s book. Ever since then I have been illustrating it. Well I have been trying to move it along lately. As of right now I have fully painted 7 full page spreads. (14 book pages) I have 8 full page spreads left to paint. (Total of 30 pages) Plus The cover and type. It would be nice to be done the book by the end of the summer, but I will more likely be done by the end of the year. This is being done in my free time. At least the story is finished. I’m not going to explain the story in this blog post; I just wanted to talk a little bit about how it was going. Of course I will explain the cow pictures.
Image 1- First I figure out how cows stand
Image 2 - Then I figure out the characters
Image 3 - final sketch: also I realized the cows are facing the wrong way.
Image 4 - This is a cropped image of the cows in the book
I have to go back and paint in their shadows.
My book is not about cows, but cows are featured on one page. I just thought these couple of cows was worth a mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment