Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sun Flowers


My most recent painting of figures. Gouache and acrylic on watercolor paper. I’m happy with how vibrant this piece turned out. I wanted the background to look more painterly so I layered down different yellows and oranges of gouache paint. Originally I did not have the blue sky in this painting. The top was just additional yellow. It was a little to much yellow in the piece, so I covered it in blue sky. The sky complemented the yellow and orange well. Two small clouds I added to make it more sky-like. I hope to get a few more paintings underway soon. Maybe so fall inspired things.

2 comments:

  1. I love sunflowers!!! This is amazing!!! Your art is so amazing, always has me inspired :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors. I like their long willowy bodies and the sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete