Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Yosemite




I was commissioned to do a Yosemite map after a family from California saw my Yellowstone map on TDAT. I wanted this map to have more of a nature outdoorsy feel to it .The Yellowstone map had more of a native American theme. I visited Yosemite years ago and remember it being BEAUTIFUL. The family I did the piece for climbed Half dome! Wow.
This map was a bit more challenging then Yellowstone because Yellowstone is Square shaped, But I love the way it turned out. The spotted owl in the upper corner is unique to western North America. An animal fact I learned from doing this piece. I want to go back to Yosemite...

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I can see this selling like hotcakes in the Yosemite area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOMGOMG!!!!! kaitlyn...this is 100% AWESOME!!!!! truly magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaitlyn created this awesome picture for our family and we absolutely love it! She was easy and fun to work with which was a bonus. Everyone we show it to loves it! I agree with the earlier post, I think they would sell like hotcakes around here.

    ReplyDelete